April 24, 2013 § 1 Comment
April 23, 2013 § Leave a comment
September 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
An idea I once had, a feeling. In 2006 I put it on canvas. It´s been lying in a box under my bed ever since.
September 2, 2012 § Leave a comment
There´s a new café/shop in the little town Hamar. It´s called Larsen and really has managed to put together a great combination of some of the best coffee and food with clothes and interior to buy. Yesterday I went there with my sister, and I met some nice old acquaintances. It´s good to experience that I actually still know people in my childhood town.
August 16, 2012 § Leave a comment
What a boost for my blog-selfesteem, Christopher behind the lovely blog Wish You Were Here, nominated the list of lights for something called the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks! It´s a fantastic compliment and I´ll happily pay it forward, because this is a great opportunity to recommend some of the bloggers I follow. As I understand there are some guidelines:
- Thank the person (people) who nominated you an link back to their blog(s).
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other blogs.
- Notify the fifteen nominees.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
My seven random things about myself would be something like this:
- I have a crush on John Snow (Game of Thrones)
- My dearest Eeyore has been gone for several weeks
- I´m scared of a ringing phone, I know it´s not much sense in that
- My favourite story has always been and will always be The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
- A really good song can make me laugh
- Even though I treasure nature, the outdoors and fresh air, I´ve lived many years in a 25 kvm apartment in the city centre of Oslo, I know it´s not much sense in that
- I have trouble eating scallops in a sushi meal
Nominating fifteen blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award would be my next task, I have found ten. These are picked because of their creative inspiration:
- Chicquero – so much colours
- The Illustrious Peacock – I love the name and idea behind the blog, inspiring photos
- Bottlecaps & Broken Bits – love how the blog is built, the use of fonts and the beautiful travel photos
- Asha´s Blog – I can easily relate to the passion for books
- RikReimert – drawing by hand, in this fantastic way, can be whatched again and again
- This Sydney Life – sometimes I miss Sydney, and this blog doesn´t make that go away
- The Wuc Way – she writes funny and really well
- Anarty Blog – lots of nice things to look at, or ideas for things to do
- Visions by Chris Kaan – always an original photo together with a view on life
- Hans Ivar Stordals Blogg – one of my favourite blogs are in Norwegian, he often writes about the written word, and this blog is a place to see what graphic novels to read, among much else
You should definately check them all out!
July 28, 2012 § 2 Comments
I hear nothing but complaints about the Norwegian summer. And the fact is, it´s wet this year, really wet. But I´ve had the best start to my holidays with a weekend to a friends cabin in Trysil, a few days at mum and dad´s place where mum picked wild strawberries to my breakfast toast, and a beautiful kayak and fishing trip to a little lake with great childhood friends. And more is yet to come. This could seem to become my best summer so far. And I haven´t actually been needing an umbrella yet. Once I got stuck under a church roof because of heavy rain, but that was atmospheric fifteen minutes that made my day brighter. A wet summer doesen´t have to be a depressing one. It´s all about the people, and the nature, and the state of mind, isn´t it.
July 15, 2012 § Leave a comment
Three girls spending the weekend in a cabin in Trysil. We had a lovely walk in sun and rain in the mountains yesterday, while a small bat was fast asleep in the cabin livingroom. We didn´t dare to catch it so we left it in peace. Later that night it woke up and at last it found it´s way out through the open door. It didn´t ruin our weekend although it claimed a little too much attention for the almost 24 hours it visited us.
June 21, 2012 § Leave a comment
(title is from a song by Ab Und Zu)
June 15, 2012 § Leave a comment
How many people still put a pen in their hand, write some thought through words with love, lick the stamp and put the card in the mailbox? I´m thinking they´re not so many anymore and at least over 30 years old, maybe double that number. But who loves getting a handwritten postcard addressed to only them, everyone of course.
Searching through a over 100 years old archive there are treasures to be found. As a gift to the people who support our work (Norwegian Sundayschool Association) we´ve a couple of times recently made postcards. The text on them are treasured passages in the Bible and the illustrations are ones I´ve found digging in the old and dusty archive of a children´s magazine called BARNAS. These two illustrations were from around 1920-30 if I remember right. Seems like it wasn´t always custom to say who drew them, cause I can´t find any names, suppose a lot of these drawings were well known drawings a lot of different publications printed.